This is a great opportunity for a temp-to-hire, mid-level Proposal Manager ready to take the next step in their career. Join a capable and experienced team of proposal professionals with strong process and resources in place.
Our client, currently located in Fairfax, Va is seeking a solution-oriented, resourceful, business-savvy Proposal Manager to join a high functioning proposals/solutions team consisting of other proposal managers, coordinators, writers and solution architects. The Proposal Manager, with limited managerial direction, must collaborate with Business Unit (BU) VPs, management teams, and other SME program personnel to provide proposal leadership, writing support, and overall direction. Critical attributes include exceptional communication, teamwork, flexibility, organizational capacity, ability to motivate, and a "do-whatever-it-takes" attitude.
Proposal Manager Responsibilities:
Proposal Manager Requirements:
- Lead and manage overall proposal development processes
- Develop the Proposal Management Plan including annotated outline, compliance matrix, and proposal schedule
- Interpret technical and management requirements of Federal Government procurement solicitations
- Participate in Solution Development sessions to gain comprehensive understanding of the proposed management and technical solution. Provide guidance to all writers to ensure consistent solution is presented throughout all proposal sections
- Develop proposal outlines and storyboards according to requirements. Facilitate and lead win themes session with Business Development, Capture, and Technical Leads to validate storyboard messaging
- Collaborate with Proposal Coordinator and Writers to identify reusable content to include in writer templates
- Facilitate all proposal reviews and lead debrief meetings, solidifying recovery plans with specific recommendations for content improvement and/or compliance.
- Provide feedback and guidance to writers on content.
- Write and/or edit sections as necessary to ensure consistent voice and inclusion of appropriate win themes, benefits, and discriminators
- Provide training as necessary to team members on the proposal process, review process, and/or writing process and best practices
- Manage all team members to meet proposal milestones and deadlines
- Ensure delivery of a compliant, compelling, and competitive bid.
- Develop and oversee the on-time development of high quality proposal graphics
Proposal Development Consultants LLC,
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years related work experience in successful proposal development and management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understanding of and experience with Federal Government procurement practices including basic understanding of FAR requirements and standard Federal Government solicitation organization.
- Experience with multiple Department level agencies.
- Ability to support a broad range of proposals, from quick turn task orders, to large scale and complex IDIQ or GWAC bids
- Experience serving as a Proposal Manager in both a Prime Contractor and a sub-contractor role in a government environment
- Strong writing skills, and proven experience reviewing, writing, and editing proposal content
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
- Experience with all Microsoft Office suite products including expert ability with Word
- Ability to lead and manage large teams including individuals from all levels of the corporate organization, partners, consultants, and other proposal participants.
- Proficiency in personal computer skills with expertise in word processing, desktop publishing, presentation, and document management applications in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Share Point) as well as Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong skills and experience with Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and SharePoint are desired
- Proven ability to win proposals in a competitive environment
- Professional Proposal training
- Travel as required, up to 5 %.
provides a range of opportunities for proposal professionals and consultants who are able to support government and commercial clients. We are able to place our proposal professionals and consultants for our 500 local and national clients/companies in long term, short term as well as direct hire opportunities.
Proposal Development Consultants, LLC - Aligning People, Processes and Expertise to Help You Win Business