Proposal Development Consultants
, is currently searching for TS/SCI cleared Proposal Managers for a direct hire position currently located in Herndon, VA. This is an excellent opportunity to join a well resourced company with strong process and a drive to win. Suitable candidates will bring between 10 - 15 years of experience leading large defense based proposals as well as an active TS clearance.
The Proposal Manager will be responsible for all aspects of proposal development efforts that he/she leads. This will include directing and coordinating the activities of Proposal Volume Leaders and numerous technical authors and consultants to produce high-quality winning proposals. The Proposal Manager is responsible for working closely with the Capture Manager and/or Business Development Manager to develop and articulate technical and management solutions for proposals, whitepapers, presentations, and other business materials.
This individual will be responsible for leading/mentoring less experienced proposal staff and proposal writers. S/He will contribute to proposal development writing efforts, when required. The individual will work with Business Area personnel, proposal coordinators, and consultants, as well as Teammates to create compelling documents. In addition, the Proposal Manager will interface with a range of matrixed resources and temporary help to support business acquisition and proposal development efforts.
Proposal Manager Responsibilities:
Proposal Manager Requirements:
- Manage all aspects of proposal development (proposal writing, editing, illustration, production efforts, etc.) from assignment and receipt of RFP, through delivery and receipt by the customer
- Identify and secure the resources necessary to develop the proposal
- Analyze solicitations (RFP, RFQ, RFI, etc.) in conjunction with other customer requirements and communications, and determine final document structure
- Prepare detailed proposal plans, schedule outline and compliance matrix for assigned pursuits. Strong organizational management skills and attention to detail are essential attributes. Must be able to do general editing of written material, writing new material or working with reuse material, proofreading and performing quality check of proposals under tight deadline constraints
- Coordinate and lead major project meeting events, such as Kick-off Meetings, Strategy Meetings, Pink, Red, and Gold Color Team reviews, etc
- Arrange for facilities, communicate with participants, and prepare necessary materials.
- Lead effective storyboarding and development of strategic win themes and discriminators.
- Develop targeted questions and interview technical and program management staff to extract critical information necessary to develop technical and managerial solutions
- Develop and manage to a proposal schedule
- Meet established deliverables and production deadlines (working with Proposal Coordinator if assigned)
- Provide detailed guidance to proposal writers/contributors and subcontractors
- Manage writing assignments and receipt of all proposal materials with authors and teaming partners in accordance with the project timeline
- Support and ensure proposal center processes are followed, standard style guide is used, and documents are submitted in accordance with established guidelines
- Manage the collection and editing of proposal materials to ensure compliance
- Ensure proposals are compliant with all section L&M or similar instructions/requirements.
- Communicate proposal-related requirements and status with senior management, as appropriate
- Monitor and remaining current on all amendments and modifications to the solicitation.
- Candidate must have proven proposal leadership skills, with the ability to build a strong team, effectively resolve conflict, and vector appropriate resources to maximize proposal development
- Candidate must have experience in keeping a team focused and moving toward developing a compliant, compelling, competitive - winning document
Proposal Development Consultants LLC,
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years relevant professional experience in Proposal Manager role
- 10 years of experience of winning proposal efforts valued at $20M or more
- 10 years of experience with MS Office business applications
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Management skills to direct and orchestrate large proposal team efforts
- Ability to conceptualize and write and/or edit compelling proposal narrative and oral presentation slides from scratch
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Must be able to work with little direction and handle multiple tasks
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule which may include evenings and weekends as required
- Security Clearance:
- This position requires the candidate to already have a current TS/SCI security clearance and to maintain the clearance
provides a range of opportunities for proposal professionals and consultants who are able to support government and commercial clients. We are able to place our proposal professionals and consultants for our 500 local and national clients/companies in long term, short term as well as direct hire opportunities.
Proposal Development Consultants, LLC - Aligning People, Processes and Expertise to Help You Win Business